- Co-ordinate research studies and clinical trials within the Research & Development Team and with external collaborators, sponsors or other co-ordinating bodies.
- Recruit patients into trials/studies, including the provision of detailed information to patients to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether they wish to participate in a trial. Play a key role in the informed consent of patients into clinical trials/research.
- Ensure patient treatment is both appropriate and in line with the specific clinical trial/research protocol, while maintaining patients’ rights, interests and dignity.
- Provide support to patients during research projects.
- Ensure the collection of patient data and maintenance of accurate information in medical records and case record forms.
- Promote trials and ensure that recruitment targets are adequately met.
- To be able to communicate and work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and to share knowledge and expertise with peers by keeping up to date current research in your allocated specialties.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the R&D department, study sponsors, support departments and other relevant agencies.
About the Role
For more information on the Job Description and Responsibilities please click the link below.
More detail about the role
We are offering flexible working with a good work/life balance. The majority of our work is carried out within a normal day, although due to trial/study protocol there may be need to work evenings and weekends, but this is not standard, so a degree of flexibility is required.
You will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, dedicated and motivated multidisciplinary team in an encouraging environment.
A flexible ‘can do’ approach and attention to detail is essential with the experience and skills that can be transferred to variety of clinical research settings.
It is essential to have an interest in research and an understanding of the part research plays in evidence-based practice. An understanding and awareness of general clinical research including early phase studies and the regulatory issues in its conduct is desirable, although a full and thorough training and induction package will be provided, including GCP and informed consent training.
We have a comprehensive induction package for all new starters joining Research & Development. You will also be supported by a management team who are accessible and will support your development. We are proactive in the care and wellbeing of our staff with use of Buddy’s and regular staff mixer mornings and events.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00.
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
For further information please contact: Daisy Sykes, Registered Nurse on firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months. For current NHS employees this post could be a secondment opportunity.
Preference will be given to staff with ‘Priority’ and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust reserves the right to close vacancy when sufficient applications have been received.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was established in April 2022, bringing together the expertise of both the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Stretching across Northern, Eastern and Mid Devon, we have a workforce of over 15,000 staff, making us the largest employer in Devon. Our core services, which we provide to more than 615,000 people, cover more than 2,000 square miles across Devon, while some of our specialist services cover the whole of the peninsula, extending our reach as far as Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
We deliver a wide range of emergency, specialist and general medical services through North Devon District Hospital and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford). Alongside our two acute hospitals, we provide integrated health and social care services across a variety of settings, including community inpatient hospitals, outpatient clinics, and within people’s own homes. We also offer primary care services, a range of specialist community services, and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC).
Our state-of-the-art equipment, leading technologies and strong links to local universities put us at the forefront of research and innovations, enabling us to provide world-class care to our local communities.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, click here to find out more
It has never been a more exciting time to join the Royal Devon, as you will help to shape our services as we continue along our integration journey.
Looking after you is important to us.
We strive to help our staff create a healthy work-life balance through flexible working schemes and our family friendly policies.
If you are starting out in the NHS, you’ll start with 27 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising to 33 days plus bank holidays.
You will benefit from access to our own comprehensive occupational health services, including counselling, onsite wellbeing activities and groups.
We will work together to maintain a culture that develops and supports you and your team.
This might include funding for a care certificate, a degree or leadership qualifications. Or it might include days off to study, engage in CPD or rotational placements to help you hone your skills. Wherever you are heading in the NHS, we will help you get there.
Salary is not the only financial benefit
You will have access to an extensive range of staff discounts on shopping, fitness and leisure options and you can spread the cost of technology and home appliance purchases from major retailers. You will also have access to other benefits including:
- National discount services such as the Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts.
- Salary sacrifice options including our OFSTED rated outstanding nursery onsite at Exeter
- Car lease schemes.
- The NHS Pension scheme (one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK).
- Cycle to work scheme
These are just a few of the benefits available – if the role is something you are interested in, we would love to hear from you.