ASW Assurance is a leading not for profit NHS consortium, delivering Internal Audit, Counter Fraud and Consultancy Services to Healthcare organisations including Acute, Mental Health and Foundation Trusts, Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) and Social Enterprises.
The Digital Audit and Assurance Manager will be responsible for delivering the Digital Audit Service to NHS and non-NHS organisations in line with internal audit’s statutory responsibility to independently and objectively review, evaluate and report on the adequacy of client’s systems of internal control.
The post holder will also support the ASW Assurance Senior Management Team (SMT) in the delivery, leadership and development of the digital audit service across all ASW Assurance clients.
About the Role
For more information on the Job Description and Responsibilities please click the link below.
More detail about the role:
Key Result Areas/Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with the ASW Assurance SMT and the internal audit team, contribute to, refine, develop and deliver the digital audit and related services strategy.
• Being responsible for the professional leadership of the delivery and development of the digital audit service to clients, through a designated team of auditors and other staff, promoting and ensuring consistency of planning and delivery of digital audit work, ensuring it is completed within timescales as stated in the audit plan of the client/agreed with the Assistant Directors/Audit and Assurance Managers, as appropriate.
• Being responsible for delivery of end-to-end audits in line with the internal audit plan, including high level and high visibility assignments, ensuring that suitable assurances are given. This will include being the named digital audit lead for a portfolio of clients. Ensure that all allocated audit work confirms to the expectations of the quality standards and professional expectations (duty of care, independence etc.) as stated in the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and the ASW Assurance Audit Manual and to agreed timescales. Audit assignments cover any aspect of digital activity and Information Governance, from high level strategic, governance and management aspects via procurement, operational and service aspects and applications (clinical, financial etc.) to in depth technical reviews involving networks, hardware and software and digital projects. On occasions, audit assignments will cover non-digital areas.
• Delivering a range of other digital audit services including consultancy, project assurance, training and special projects.
• Advising Directors, Senior Managers and other client staff on highly complex issues, such as digital risk management and Assurance Frameworks, where precedents may not exist.
• Applying risk management and assurance principles to the planning and delivery of digital audit work, at both an operational and strategic client level, ensuring consistency of planning through promoting the value and impact of specialist digital audit work, both internally and with clients.
• Responding to and anticipating a broad range of requests for advice and assistance and queries from senior client staff and audit staff on a range of highly specialist, sensitive and complex issues.
• Ensuring that highly complex, high risk, material and sensitive issues are identified and reported to the relevant client Director, Audit Committee, client Board and, where appropriate, client Chair.
• Contributing to the corporate development of ASW Assurance and the training of audit and other NHS/non-NHS staff in digital audit and related areas.
• Working with the ASW Assurance SMT to identify strategic and service development opportunities for the digital audit service and related areas. This will include undertaking major pieces of research and development to ensure that future client needs and development opportunities are identified and addressed.
• Delivering elements of the strategic and operational development and marketing of new service and products, as directed by the Director of Audit and Assurance Services.
• Responsible for the overall management of digital audit and staff, including ensuring there is sufficient resource to ensure delivery of the agreed annual Audit and Assurance plans in accordance with time, cost and staff budgets and quality standards.
• Ensure that complex, high risk, material and sensitive issues are identified to the Director of Audit and Assurance Services/Deputy Director of Audit and Assurance Services for suitable reporting to the relevant client Director, Audit Committee, client Board and, where appropriate, client Chair.
Working Pattern: 37.5 hours per week
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For further information please contact: Philip Rogers, Assistant Director of Audit and Assurance Services on 07887 561532 or email@example.com
Preference will be given to staff with ‘Priority’ and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust reserves the right to close vacancy when sufficient applications have been received.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was established in April 2022, bringing together the expertise of both the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Stretching across Northern, Eastern and Mid Devon, we have a workforce of over 15,000 staff, making us the largest employer in Devon. Our core services, which we provide to more than 615,000 people, cover more than 2,000 square miles across Devon, while some of our specialist services cover the whole of the peninsula, extending our reach as far as Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
We deliver a wide range of emergency, specialist and general medical services through North Devon District Hospital and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford). Alongside our two acute hospitals, we provide integrated health and social care services across a variety of settings, including community inpatient hospitals, outpatient clinics, and within people’s own homes. We also offer primary care services, a range of specialist community services, and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC).
Our state-of-the-art equipment, leading technologies and strong links to local universities put us at the forefront of research and innovations, enabling us to provide world-class care to our local communities.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, click here to find out more
It has never been a more exciting time to join the Royal Devon, as you will help to shape our services as we continue along our integration journey.
Looking after you is important to us.
We strive to help our staff create a healthy work-life balance through flexible working schemes and our family friendly policies.
If you are starting out in the NHS, you’ll start with 27 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising to 33 days plus bank holidays.
You will benefit from access to our own comprehensive occupational health services, including counselling, onsite wellbeing activities and groups.
We will work together to maintain a culture that develops and supports you and your team.
This might include funding for a care certificate, a degree or leadership qualifications. Or it might include days off to study, engage in CPD or rotational placements to help you hone your skills. Wherever you are heading in the NHS, we will help you get there.
Salary is not the only financial benefit
You will have access to an extensive range of staff discounts on shopping, fitness and leisure options and you can spread the cost of technology and home appliance purchases from major retailers. You will also have access to other benefits including:
- National discount services such as the Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts.
- Salary sacrifice options including our OFSTED rated outstanding nursery onsite at Exeter
- Car lease schemes.
- The NHS Pension scheme (one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK).
- Cycle to work scheme
These are just a few of the benefits available – if the role is something you are interested in, we would love to hear from you.