If you’re looking for a job in digital supporting NHS colleagues, or contemplating a new career, consider working with us in Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust's Digital Services team.
Working within a team of digital professionals we provide a full range of digital services across Devon, from desktop pc’s to server hosting to VOIP telephony. We are looking for people who are focused on providing customer focussed support and high-quality digital solutions.
About the Role
For more information on the Job Description and Responsibilities please click the link below.
More detail about the role:
The post holder will provide support to the Trust’s IT user population in order to minimise the disruption caused by device, application or user error. They will provide support in relation to applications available at the desktop, assist in the maintenance of the Trust’s Directory of IT users and assist in the receipt, testing and pre-deployment configuration of IT desktop devices (PCs, printers and other equipment), including asset labelling and security marking.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creation and testing of PC Image configuration files for each new Desktop PC/Laptop model using MicroFocus ZENworks Imaging.
- Assist with installation/configuration of IT desktop devices (PCs, printers, and other equipment) assisting users with any first use problems.
- Maintain records relating to the installation or movement of IT equipment, including the Trust’s Configuration Management database and appropriate network documentation.
- Action Service Requests for software upgrades to IT desktop devices ensuring minimum impact to users.
- Document processes and procedures to assist with PC/Printer configuration and software installation.
- Maintenance of IT desktop devices in order to minimise the disruption caused by deterioration and failure.
- Diagnose hardware/software problems escalating to external agencies where appropriate.
- Utilise the Trust’s Remote Management software to assist with remedial work.
- Responsible for own workload, managing own time and tasks to best efficiency.
- Assist in the periodic audit of IT assets and associated records.
- Assist with control of equipment stock levels, liaising with other officers on order requirements and asset disposal.
- Provide technical support to users of desktop and mobile IT services. Ensure that support is provided in a responsive and customer focused manner with minimal disruption to users and maximum benefit;
- Perform installations, upgrades and replacements of hardware and software as identified in the My Care project plans in a manner designed to minimise disruption and system downtime;
- Co-ordinate work with IT maintenance contractors, arranging call-outs and monitoring performance against the terms of contracts including occasional work outside of normal hours.
Working Pattern: 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday
Interview Date: Tuesday 31st October 2023
For further information please contact: Kerry Osborne, Digital Support Service Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to staff with ‘Priority’ and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust reserves the right to close vacancy when sufficient applications have been received.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was established in April 2022, bringing together the expertise of both the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Stretching across Northern, Eastern and Mid Devon, we have a workforce of over 15,000 staff, making us the largest employer in Devon. Our core services, which we provide to more than 615,000 people, cover more than 2,000 square miles across Devon, while some of our specialist services cover the whole of the peninsula, extending our reach as far as Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
We deliver a wide range of emergency, specialist and general medical services through North Devon District Hospital and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford). Alongside our two acute hospitals, we provide integrated health and social care services across a variety of settings, including community inpatient hospitals, outpatient clinics, and within people’s own homes. We also offer primary care services, a range of specialist community services, and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC).
Our state-of-the-art equipment, leading technologies and strong links to local universities put us at the forefront of research and innovations, enabling us to provide world-class care to our local communities.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, click here to find out more
It has never been a more exciting time to join the Royal Devon, as you will help to shape our services as we continue along our integration journey.
Looking after you is important to us.
We strive to help our staff create a healthy work-life balance through flexible working schemes and our family friendly policies.
If you are starting out in the NHS, you’ll start with 27 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising to 33 days plus bank holidays.
You will benefit from access to our own comprehensive occupational health services, including counselling, onsite wellbeing activities and groups.
We will work together to maintain a culture that develops and supports you and your team.
This might include funding for a care certificate, a degree or leadership qualifications. Or it might include days off to study, engage in CPD or rotational placements to help you hone your skills. Wherever you are heading in the NHS, we will help you get there.
Salary is not the only financial benefit
You will have access to an extensive range of staff discounts on shopping, fitness and leisure options and you can spread the cost of technology and home appliance purchases from major retailers. You will also have access to other benefits including:
- National discount services such as the Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts.
- Salary sacrifice options including our OFSTED rated outstanding nursery onsite at Exeter
- Car lease schemes.
- The NHS Pension scheme (one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK).
- Cycle to work scheme
These are just a few of the benefits available – if the role is something you are interested in, we would love to hear from you.