The post holder will and in accordance with the Trust Framework for Advanced Practice i.e.:
- The ACP will work across acute medicine, including the Acute Hospital at Home (AHAH) Service, providing a bridge between hospital and home.
- The post holder will develop/have knowledge to independently provide healthcare to patients of a diverse and undetermined caseload, who may have highly complex and/or chronic presentations and who are acutely unwell.
- The post holder will develop an extended scope of practice beyond their primary profession including assessing and managing referrals, referring to other specialties, requesting and interpreting radiological imaging and other investigations commonly required, performing procedures including arterial blood gas sampling and lumbar punctures.
- The focus of care will be looking at a wide range of non-elective general medical admissions with the intention of avoiding admissions and/or reducing length of stay, through admission to our AHAH service. It will be expected that they will work as part of a wide multidisciplinary team to deliver best possible care of the patient.
About the Role
For more information on the Job Description and Responsibilities please click the link below.
More detail about the role:
Do you have a passion for supporting people to leave hospital as soon as they no longer need to be in an acute bed?
Do you believe we can support people to return home and then provide hospital at home interventions so people can continue their recovery in their home?
Do you care that people should receive the very best care possible as they recover from a health crisis?
Having successfully integrated both tACP’s and ACP’s into the acute medicine workforce we are now looking to expand this key role into our virtual ward.
Virtual ward is a safe and efficient alternative to NHS bedded care. Virtual wards support patients who would otherwise be in hospital to receive the acute care and treatment they need in their own home. This includes either preventing avoidable admissions into hospital or supporting early discharge out of hospital.
The delivery of digitally enabled care (virtual care) including virtual wards is a national priority embedded within current health and social care policy. In the 2022-23 priorities and operational planning guidance, systems were asked to deliver virtual ward capacity equivalent to 40-50 virtual ward 'beds' per 100k population by December 2023.
This post, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, provides an opportunity to drive and transform the system by embedding the use of digital technology to release pressure on acute care and improve patient outcomes.
As we move towards a new era of integrated care and working collaboratively across organisational boundaries, the need for dynamic, focused teamwork is vital.
Consideration will also be given to applications from qualified advanced clinical practitioners.
Working Pattern: 37.5 hours per week
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For further information please contact: Sharon Preston, Clinical Matron on 01392 404621 firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to staff with ‘Priority’ and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust reserves the right to close vacancy when sufficient applications have been received.
The Royal Devon University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was established in April 2022, bringing together the expertise of both the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Stretching across Northern, Eastern and Mid Devon, we have a workforce of over 15,000 staff, making us the largest employer in Devon. Our core services, which we provide to more than 615,000 people, cover more than 2,000 square miles across Devon, while some of our specialist services cover the whole of the peninsula, extending our reach as far as Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
We deliver a wide range of emergency, specialist and general medical services through North Devon District Hospital and the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (Wonford). Alongside our two acute hospitals, we provide integrated health and social care services across a variety of settings, including community inpatient hospitals, outpatient clinics, and within people’s own homes. We also offer primary care services, a range of specialist community services, and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC).
Our state-of-the-art equipment, leading technologies and strong links to local universities put us at the forefront of research and innovations, enabling us to provide world-class care to our local communities.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, click here to find out more
It has never been a more exciting time to join the Royal Devon, as you will help to shape our services as we continue along our integration journey.
Looking after you is important to us.
We strive to help our staff create a healthy work-life balance through flexible working schemes and our family friendly policies.
If you are starting out in the NHS, you’ll start with 27 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), rising to 33 days plus bank holidays.
You will benefit from access to our own comprehensive occupational health services, including counselling, onsite wellbeing activities and groups.
We will work together to maintain a culture that develops and supports you and your team.
This might include funding for a care certificate, a degree or leadership qualifications. Or it might include days off to study, engage in CPD or rotational placements to help you hone your skills. Wherever you are heading in the NHS, we will help you get there.
Salary is not the only financial benefit
You will have access to an extensive range of staff discounts on shopping, fitness and leisure options and you can spread the cost of technology and home appliance purchases from major retailers. You will also have access to other benefits including:
- National discount services such as the Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts.
- Salary sacrifice options including our OFSTED rated outstanding nursery onsite at Exeter
- Car lease schemes.
- The NHS Pension scheme (one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK).
- Cycle to work scheme
These are just a few of the benefits available – if the role is something you are interested in, we would love to hear from you.